Re: pg_restore and user defined types, several other pg_restore problems

От Mario Weilguni
Тема Re: pg_restore and user defined types, several other pg_restore problems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Am Freitag, 16. August 2002 15:51 schrieben Sie:
> Mario Weilguni <mweilguni@sime.com> writes:
> > Here are the problems I've encountered:
> > * pg_restore tries to create a table with ltree and ltree[] datatypes
> > before the type itself is created, so it fails.
>
> Odd; what are the OIDs of the table and the datatypes?

The table has 20517267, and the datatype has 85286596. The type was introduced later on, and added with
"alter table add". Maybe this is the problem?

> > * several functions are already defined in template1, so "create database
> > " will restore these functions. pg_restore will try to restore those
> > functions as well and fails. Maybe "create or replace function" can be
> > used here?
>
> No.  Use pg_restore per the documentation: make an empty database for it
> to restore into (by cloning template0 instead of template1).

Oops, I did not know this. What happens if I use the -C switch of pg_restore?
The man page says:     -C
      --create             Create the database before restoring into it.  (When this switch             appears, the
databasenamed with -d is used only  to  issue  the             initial  CREATE  DATABASE command. All data is restored
intothe             database name that appears in the archive.)

But does pg_restore use template0 or template1?

> >   pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  data type
> > ltree[] has no default operator class for access method "gist" You must
> > specify an operator class for the index or define a default operator
> > class for the data type
>
> Are you using recent sources?  As of two weeks or so ago, pg_dump should
> know how to dump operator classes.

No, I do not use 7.3cvs, this is version 7.2.1. But if this is fixed, it's not a problem for me,
now I know how to restore the database, and 7.3 should not be too far away :-)

Thanks!

Best regards,Mario Weilguni