Re: Open 7.3 issues

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Open 7.3 issues
Дата
Re: Open 7.3 issues
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> >     Socket permissions - only install user can access db by default
> >         unix_socket_permissions in postgresql.conf
>
> This is dead.

Removed, still on TODO.

> >     glibc and mktime() - fix?
>
> Leave it be.  If someone really needs time information from before 1970
> (and who does?) he wouldn't use an OS that doesn't support it anyway.
> There are several platforms that don't have complete time information
> before 1947 and we've lived with those, too.

Removed.  Added to TODO.

> >     ecpg and bison issues - solved?
>
> A release is cooking.  1.49b was released just a few days ago.  Assuming
> that it is sane and no final release comes out before beta, we might ship
> our beta built with their beta and coordinate with them to make a final
> release during our beta.  It's a bit risky, but the more testing we can
> provide to them the faster they will get a release out.

We will see...

> >     fix BeOS and QNX4 ports
> >
> > Should we ship 7.3 without these ports?
>
> Porters usually appear during beta.

Well, we don't really want porting fixes during beta unless we can help
it.  ;-)

> >     integrate or remove new libpqxx
> >     integrate or add to gborg Pg:DBD
> >
> > Seems like gborg is the place for these.
>
> I would volunteer to package libpq++ separately.
>
> >     move pg_resetxlog and pg_controldata to main tree, add -f flag
> >
> > That is me. I  will get to it.
>
> What does -f do?

There is concern that using pg_resetxlog by accident could cause
problems, so it will prompt the user for confirmation by default.  -f
(force) disables that confirmation.

Pennsylvania19073