Re: Open 7.3 items

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Open 7.3 items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday 14 August 2002 02:38 pm, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > The nice thing about it is you can have any combination of people with
> > installation-wide access (create them as joeblow) and people with
> > one-database access (create them as joeblow@joesdatabase).  A special
> > case for only the postgres user is much less flexible.

> > Also, if you do it this way then the substitution only has to be done in
> > one place: you can pass down the correct form to the backend, which'd
> > otherwise have to repeat the test to see which username is found.

> Yes, certainly a big win.  What we _could_ do is to allow connections to
> template1 be unsuffixed by the dbname, but that makes everyone
> connecting to template1 have problems, and just seemed too weird.

> Ideas?

Appending '@template1' to unadorned usernames, and giving inherited rights
across the installation to users with template1 rights?  Then you have the
unadorned 'lowen' becomes 'lowen@template1' -- but lowen@pari wouldn't have
access to template1, right?  Or am I misunderstanding the feature?
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

От: "Matthew T. O'Connor"
Сообщение: More CVS Problems
От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: journaling in contrib ...