Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/tcop/postgres.cbacke

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/tcop/postgres.cbacke
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> If you move pg_xlog, you have to create a symlink in /data that points
> to the new location.  Initdb would do that automatically, but if you
> move it after initdb, you would have to create the symlink yourself.
> With Thomas's current code, you would add/change PGXLOG instead to point
> to the new location, rather than modify the symlink.

Right, but if the use of PGXLOG/-X it make sense then tryin got document
"hey, if you move pg_xlog, go into this directory and change the symlink
to point to hte new locaiton" ... as I said, I do not like symlinks ...

> Uh, seems it could get messy, but, yea, that would work.  It means
> adding a file to pg_xlog and /data and somehow matching them.  My
> feeling was that the symlink was unambiguous and allowed for fewer
> mistakes.  I think that was Tom's opinion too.

Hrmmm ... how about some sort of 'tag' that gets written to the xlog
file(s) themselves instead?

Сообщение: Re: db partial dumping with pg_dump
Сообщение: Re: db partial dumping with pg_dump