Re: [HACKERS] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS

От strange@nsk.yi.org
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 02:09:07PM -0400, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 06:45:59PM +0100, strange@nsk.yi.org wrote:
>
> > support isn't compiled, I didn't see one occuring from any application
> > having the support, but not the filesystem. (Your "not so standard
>
> Wrong.  The symptom is _exactly the same_ if the program doesn't have
> the support, the filesystem doesn't have the support, or both, at
> least on Solaris.  I've checked.

??

My point is that: Having postgresql the support doesn't bring NEW errors.

I never said postgresql would automagically gain support on filesystems
that don't support largfiles, I said no one mentioned an error caused by
postgresql *having* the support, but *not the filesystem*. Maybe I wasn't
clear, but I meant *new* errors.

As it seams, adding support to largefiles doesn't break anything.

Regards,
Luciano Rocha

--
Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.