Re: Temporary Views

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Temporary Views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > I can go either way on this.
>
> AFAICS "create temp view" would have some small advantage of keeping the
> view's name out of possibly-public permanent namespaces, so the step of
> just adding the TEMP option to CREATE VIEW may be worth doing.  The
> advantage isn't very big but neither is the amount of work.

What about indexes?  Do indexes on temp tables exist in the temp
namespace?  I would think they should by default, as well as views based
on temp tables.  Certainly no one else should be able to see the temp
index/views.

> Trying to prohibit non-temp views on temp tables strikes me as more work
> than it's worth; that TODO item was written before we had dependencies,
> and I think it's obsolete.  Basically the point of the TODO was to avoid
> having broken views --- and we have solved that problem.

Yes, if it auto-temps because it is based on a temp object, that is fine
by me.  However, based on your comments above, I think it should
auto-temp fully, rather than just auto-destroy.

Pennsylvania19073