Re: oid2name reports much fewer files...

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: oid2name reports much fewer files...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
OK, this is interesting.  Seems your pg_class total is pretty close, but
oid2name isn't finding some of the pg_class entries.

We need to get that fixed first.  Would you eyeball the pg_class list
against the oids and find one that isn't printing?  Just grab one of the
oids that oid2name doesn't know about, and look it up in pg_class.

Mario Weilguni wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 13. August 2002 17:12 schrieb Bruce Momjian:
> > Mario Weilguni wrote:
> > > For a specific db, oid2name reports 303 objects, and I've 430
> > > files lying around. only the pg_largeobject table is greater
> > > than 1 GB, and so has 2 files. But I've no idea what the other
> > > files might be. The files in question occupy around 200MB, so
> > > I'm curious what these files might be.
> >
> > Wow, that is a good question.  I sure hope it isn't cruft left over from
> > crashes.  What modification dates do the files have?  What version of
> > PostgreSQL are you using?
>
> It's version 7.2.1.
> I'm not aware of any crashes, everything works fine (except the problem "no one parent tuple found" as mentiond on
pgsql-hackers)

> I checked it again, it are exactly 301 files from oid2names (2 were header).
>
> This info is from the database itself:
> cms=# SELECT count(1) from pg_class ;
>  count
> -------
>    476
> (1 row)
>
> cms=# SELECT count(1), relkind from pg_class group by relkind;
>  count | relkind
> -------+---------
>      7 | S
>    299 | i
>    103 | r
>      1 | s
>     43 | t
>     23 | v
>

> And there are 443 files in the directory (without pg_internal.init, pgsql_tmp, PG_VERSION, and one pg_largeobject
file16404.1)

> Lets see:
> 476 entries - 23 views - 1 pg_xactlock - 7 sequences makes 445 entities, still off by 2. But it seems oid2name does
notlist some files.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS