Trigger which fires on commit? (Multi-table intergrity constraint)

От Stephane Bortzmeyer
Тема Trigger which fires on commit? (Multi-table intergrity constraint)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

[Question already asked but may be badly explained. I rephrase it.]

I have several tables and an integrity constraint which spans several
tables (for an Internet registry, a table Domains, a table Hosts and a
table Nameservers which links them: a Domain needs >= 2
nameservers). The tables are updated in the same transaction and I
want the database to be OK after the commit.

I can check many things from triggers but apparently triggers can only
be fired for a statement (like INSERT), not for a whole transaction.

Oracle supports ON COMMIT triggers and they solve nicely this
problem. But apparently PostgreSQL does not. Any idea?