Re: inet <<= and indexes

От The Doctor What
Тема Re: inet <<= and indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) [020806 22:47]:
> Edwin Grubbs <egrubbs@rackspace.com> writes:
> > I have a table with about 60,000 ips, and postgres will use the index to
> > find the ips in a subnet if I type in a literal cidr block
> > (e.g. address <<= '99.88.5.0'), but it will not use the index if the cidr
> > block is in a variable (e.g. address <<= block).
>
> Yup, the present implementation of that optimization depends on having
> a constant to compare to.  Sorry ...

Is there a todo list someplace, or a bug system I can put this in,
so it'll get fixed?

Ciao!

--
Tuco: (reading a letter) See you soon idi... idi
Blondie: Idiots. It's for you.

The Doctor What: <fill in the blank>             http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                                                   KF6VNC

От: jfo123@hotmail.com (Axier)
Сообщение: Does COPY need a manual Commit?