Bug #731: Same SQL produces different results before and after VACUUM FULL

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Bug #731: Same SQL produces different results before and after VACUUM FULL
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Henry  (henry@ssc-ltd.com) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Short Description
Same SQL produces different results before and after VACUUM FULL

Long Description
We have run the SQL statement below before and after VACUUM FULL.
Before VACUUM FULL, it returns 3615 records.
After VACUUM FULL, it return 34123 records which is the result I expect.
Before VACUUM FULL, if I change the LEFT OUTER JOIN to join the table a, it returns 34123 records.

I have a daily backup job which executes VACUUM ANALYSE daily.

I don't know what causes the problem.  Please help!!!!

Sample Code

        SELECT *
        from (SELECT pbdedup_party_1.party_id
              from pbdedup_party_1
              where pbdedup_party_1.batch_no = ?
              UNION
              SELECT pbdedup_party_2.party_id
              from pbdedup_party_2
              where pbdedup_party_2.batch_no = ?
              ) as a
           , pb_person
                left outer join pbdedup_person_parts ON pb_person.party_id = pbdedup_person_parts.party_id
        where a.party_id = pb_person.party_id

No file was uploaded with this report