Re: index and sequence name length limit?

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: index and sequence name length limit?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I believe that this question relates to a discussion on -hackers, in which
they are deciding how large to allow the names to be. It looks like the next
release will allow either 64 or 128 characters.

Eventually, I think there are plans to make it a true variable length type for
efficiency and flexibility. I don't think that it will make the next release,
however (7.3).

Regards,
    Jeff Davis