Re: [HACKERS] []performance issues

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] []performance issues
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 09:57:16AM -0600, David Blood wrote:

> Count() is slow even on your Sun server with 16gb ram?  How big is the
> database?

Well, just relatively slow!  It's always going to be relatively slow
to seqscan a few million records.  We have some tables which have
maybe 4 or 4.5 million records in them.  (I don't spend a lot of time
count()ing them ;-)

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110