Re: How i can empty the buffers of a db

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: How i can empty the buffers of a db
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 06:29:33PM +0300, Tourtounis Sotiris wrote:
> I am sorry for my lack of good knowledge of English but i have previously
> asked how during a session with the database server to empty the memory
> buffers after any commited select/insert/delete in order to have an as
> much as possible indicative execution time and explain facility for each
> of them. Thank you for your willingness of help  !!!

Ah, then you don't want to empty the buffers.  Just make sure fsync
is turned on (if it is, fsync _must_ be called before your
transaction COMMITs).  To see some statistics, try turing on query
stats or executor stats.  See

<http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?runtime-config.html#LOGGING>

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110