Re: Bug #728: Interactions between bytea and character encoding when doing analyze

От Anders Hammarquist
Тема Re: Bug #728: Interactions between bytea and character encoding when doing analyze
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> > If a byte string that is not valid unicode is inserted into a bytea
> > column, analyze will fail unless the data was tagged as bytea in the
> > insert.
>
> Your example produces no failure for me.  You'd better be more specific
> about which PG version you're running, on what platform, with what
> configure options and what database encoding, etc.

Ah, sorry about that. It's 7.2.1, in the Debian package incarnation
7.2.1-2. The database and the client encoding are both unicode. These
are the setting from postmaster.conf (nothing strange):

debug_level = 0
log_connections = on
log_pid = on
log_timestamp = on