Re: varchar truncation from 7.1 to 7.2

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: varchar truncation from 7.1 to 7.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Oh, I see. It's good to be standard.

As a related question, I tried making the trigger per Jan's suggestion that
would truncate the value before the insert. However, it appears that the
check is done prior to calling the trigger. I put a notice in the trigger and
it's not even displayed if the string is larger than the allowed value
(therefore, the trigger isn't even called before the insert is rejected).

Regards,
    Jeff