Error inserting a lot of records

От Ronan Lucio
Тема Error inserting a lot of records
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

We have a FreeBSD-4.3 box with Postgresql-7.0.

We also have a program that reads a txt file and
insert the datas into a postgres database.

The system works fine but, many times, when I will
insert a lot of records (about 500 recordes), it gives
me an error and the system only accept to insert many
records again after a vacuum.

When it happen,the python script shows me the follow error:

Traceback (innermost last): File "/usr/local/www/cgi-bin/admin/listalocimp.py", line 172, in ? foundfilme = fclib.query
("selectcod, titulo from filme where lower(titpesq) like lower('%%%s%%')" % (linhaseek)) File "fclib.py", line 34, in
query_pg.error: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly. This probably means the backend terminated
abnormallybefore or while processing the request.

Looking for some thing weird in pgsql.log, I've found this:

Sorry, too many clients already
Sorry, too many clients already
Sorry, too many clients already
Sorry, too many clients already