Re: Trim the Fat (Was: Re: Open 7.3 items )

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Trim the Fat (Was: Re: Open 7.3 items )
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> >> I realize that Marc wasn't proposing splitting off any
> >> server-side code, but I still want to tread carefully about breaking
> >> up the codebase.
>
> > Okay, well, the way I'm working it through right now, I'm doing it in such
> > a way that unless you go mucking in the repository directly, it will be
> > transparent to the coders, as well as to the distribution as a whole ...
>
> > In fact, based on a comment that Thomas made in another email, I'll even
> > fix up the whole 'cvs checkout pgsql' thing so that that goes back to its
> > pgsql-all ...
>
> Okay, that works for me --- that makes it just a packaging issue, and
> not something that will hide stuff from people who want to look through
> the whole tree.

Actually, it makes it a 'storage' issue on the CVS server itself, but
makes creating various packages easier ... I've pop'd off an email to the
libpqxx configure guys to get their standalone configure issues fixed (try
running autogen.sh), after which I want to look into 'calling' the
standalone configure from the global one if --enable-libpqxx is called
(which we can later default to 'on' if that should become the default) ...