Re: WAL file location

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: WAL file location
Дата
Re: WAL file location  (Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 30 July 2002 11:51 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> >> CREATE DATABASE foo WITH LOCATION = 'BAR'
> > And requires you to be a database superuser anyway.

> CREATE DATABASE does not require superuser privs, only createdb
> which is not usually considered particular dangerous.

Pardon my misspeak, as there are those two components to the privs.  My error.
Typically normal users aren't given create database privileges -- at least on
my systems.

And, again, I'm completely for the idea of this being in postgresql.conf.  But
I'm not convinced that the security angle is a valid reason.  The consistency
reason is enough alone to warrant it being that way.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio