insert bytea type into PostgreSQL database

От Sanjeev Rathore
Тема insert bytea type into PostgreSQL database
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

I would like to insert bytea type of data into the
PostgreSQL database.  On the prompt where database is
running I get an error that says:  ERROR: Attribute
'image_data' is of type 'bytea' but _expression is of
type 'int4'.

Java class called ImageDb has this method that tries
to insert data into the table.
public void setImage(long imageId, long objId, String
imageName, BufferedInputStream bis , int imageSize,
String imageFor){
  try{
    String sqlText;
    db.setAutoCommit(false);
    sqlText = "insert into image(image_id, obj_id,
image_name, image_for, image_data) values(?, ?, ?, ?,
?)";
    ps = db.prepareStatement(sqlText);
    ps.setLong(1, imageId);
    ps.setLong(2, objId);
    ps.setString(3, imageName);
    ps.setString(4, imageFor);
    ps.setBinaryStream(5, bis, imageSize);
    ps.executeUpdate();
    ps.close();
    db.setAutoCommit(true);
  }catch(SQLException sqle){
   System.out.println("ImageDb class threw
SQLException");!
   System.out.println("It came from setImage(x,x,x,x)
method ");
   sqle.printStackTrace();
  }
}

Here is piece of the servlet called StorePostDone.java
that actually calls the method of ImageDb.java.
       if(fileName != null){
         long size = filePart.writeTo(dir);
  long lImageSize = filePart.writeTo(dir);
  int imageSize = (int)lImageSize;
  long imageId = 21;
  long objId = 43;
  String imageName = filePart.getFileName();
  file://FileInputStream fis = new
FileInputStream(filePart.getInputStream());
  BufferedInputStream bis = new
BufferedInputStream(filePart.getInputStream());
  imageDb.setImage(imageId, objId, imageName, bis,
imageSize,  "sell");

As far as the table schema:
image_id, obj_id are bigint
image_for, image_name are varchar(50)
image_data is bytea

Does anybody know why I am not able to insert bytea
type data into the database.

Thanks,
Sanjeev Rathore