Re: That CREATE OPERATOR CLASS patch

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: That CREATE OPERATOR CLASS patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Looks like Tom got this patch in.  Thanks.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=Pine.LNX.4.30.0202262002040.685-100000%40peter.localdomain&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dcreate%2Boperator%2Bgroup:comp.databases.postgresql.*%26hl%3Den%26selm%3DPine.LNX.4.30.0202262002040.685-100000%2540peter.localdomain%26rnum%3D2

> > I asked the author to resumit but did not see a reply.  Perhaps someone
> > else can take it over and make the requested changes.  Thanks.
>
> Yeah, the problem is:
>
> 1) the author was (is) feeling a bit burnt out over successive battles
> over the command syntax. I proposed it, and Tom said, "that syntax sucks
> [which it verily did], try this." So I did "this" and got the patch that
> is lying around. Then when 7.3 was done, someone else chimed in (I think
> it was Peter) that it should be different. While the newer-yet command
> syntax is better, *why wasn't it proposed the first time we went through
> this on hackers?* It's frustrating to ask, "what should I do," do it, and
> then get told, "no, that's not right." I mean, now, how do I know that
> once I get a new version ready, it won't get revised *again*?
>
> 2) I now work at a new job, which is taking up lots of my time doing other
> things. It's really cool, but PostgreSQL hacking isn't a paid part of it
> (like it was at Zembu). In a few weeks I can probably get time to update
> this, but if Christopher wants to work on it, go for it.
>
> Take care,
>
> Bill

> > Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > > If Bruce is thinking of applying outstanding patches - whatever happened
> > > with Bill Studenmund's CREATE OPERATOR CLASS patch?
> > >
> > > Chris

> > > TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
> > >

> > --
> >   pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610) 853-3000
> >   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  830 Blythe Avenue
> >   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Pennsylvania19026