Re: Auto-incrementing field

От AarniRuuhimäki / Megative Tmi / KYMI.com
Тема Re: Auto-incrementing field
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi !

Please consider using a scriplet of your own for the locking db, getting e.g.
the max id +1 as your next increment, inserting the record (probably only
with the new id) and then unlock the db.

Sometimes it is worth because auto-increment as index migth get you into
trouble in certain situations. Or if you get into an other sort of bad
situation with corrupted data, having used auto-increment as index will
double your trouble or your work amount atleast.

BR,

aarni