Re: Is there any such thing as PostgreSQL security on a hosted website?

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Is there any such thing as PostgreSQL security on a hosted website?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 26 Jul 2002 2:06 pm, Scott Gammans wrote:
> (I know cross-posting is evil, but I'm not getting any responses over on
> the .novice newsgroup, and I feel this is an important topic that needs
> attention. Apologies in advance...)

> What is to stop a company that is hosting my
> PostgreSQL-enabled website from changing my
> pg_hba.conf file to "TRUST" so that they can go in and
> snoop around my online PostgreSQL databases?

Your hosting company has root access to the whole server and access to the
backup tapes. You have no security from them other than the trust embodied in
a business relationship.

If you want complete control over a server, have your own server.

- Richard Huxton