Re: Question about LWLockAcquire's use of semaphores instead of spinlocks

От Robert E. Bruccoleri
Тема Re: Question about LWLockAcquire's use of semaphores instead of spinlocks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Luis,I would be very interested. Replacing the IPC shared memory
with an arena make a lot of sense. --Bob

> Hi Bob:
> We're have been working with an sproc version of postgres and it has improve
> performance over a NUMA3 origin 3000 due to IRIX implements round_robin by
> default on memory placement instead of first touch as it did on fork. We're
> been wondering about replacing IPC shmem with a shared arena to help
> performance improve on IRIX. I dont´know if people here in postgres are
> interested on specifical ports but it could help you improve your
> performance.
> Regards

| Robert E. Bruccoleri, Ph.D. | email: bruc@acm.org                |
| P.O. Box 314                | URL:   http://www.congen.com/~bruc |
| Pennington, NJ 08534        |                                    |