Bug #722: SELECT FOR UPDATE bug

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Bug #722: SELECT FOR UPDATE bug
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Pablo Avilés Cisneros (paviles@its.co.cr) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Short Description
SELECT FOR UPDATE bug

Long Description
Hi, I'm encountered a problem with a select for update sentence with postgresql.

If I use...:
  BEGIN TRANSACTION;
  SELECT * FROM employees
  WHERE status = 'A'
  LIMIT 1
  FOR UPDATE;

The problem, in the previous sentence, is block every record on employees, although we want one record, we want limit
1.The bug it seems the limit 1, because if I dispose the limit 1 line, only the return records are blocked.

If I use:
  BEGIN TRANSACTION;
  SELECT * FROM employees
  WHERE (status = 1) AND (id_employee = 123)
  ORDER BY id_employee
  FOR UPDATE;
it block every record on employees, although we want one record, we want id_employee = 123. The bug it seems the order
byline, because if I dispose the order by line, only the return records are blocked.

Do you have an alternative way? Is this a bug? Any suggestion?

I'm using Delphi 6 with dbexpress, and the transaction was make with an TSQLClientDataSet component after an
TSQLConnection

Pablo Avilés Cisneros
Technology, ITS
Software Development Area