Re: Problem with JDBCRealm in Tomcat

От Håkon Hansen (by way ofHåkon Hansen
Тема Re: Problem with JDBCRealm in Tomcat
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Friday 26 July 2002 16:07:
> Do you have a firewall between you and the db? It is possible for
> firewalls to drop connections if they have been masqueraded, or natted.

I have. This did occur to me, but I did not think it was likely that this was
the case, since it seemed that the error occured during the driver's
execution of the query (since the SELECT statement shows up in the server
log). I am not a tcp/ip or firewall expert though, so I'll pick up on your
suggestion and see where it leads. BTW, there is a part of the server's log
that says that it is reaping dead processes (probably during night) before
the SELECT statement occurs. Would that be an indication that connections
might have been dropped?

> Was the db restarted? if so the connection will be dropped.

Nope.

Yours,

Haakon Hansen
Norway