Re: Evolving databases (eg deleting columns)

От wsheldah@lexmark.com
Тема Re: Evolving databases (eg deleting columns)
Дата
Список pgsql-general

If you can afford time-wise to do a full dump and restore, editing the dump file
seems safest. That way foreign keys and other dependencies are maintained when
you delete a column, since all those dependencies get re-created. I'm certainly
no expert, but that's the best solution I've found so far. I believe better
support for ALTER is planned for  a future release.

Wes Sheldahl

"Christian H. Stork" <cstork%ics.uci.edu@interlock.lexmark.com> on 07/25/2002
08:19:18 PM