howto connect OO to pgsql- with data-insertion access.

От basis volume limited
Тема howto connect OO to pgsql- with data-insertion access.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Greetings,

I managed a few months back to connect OpenOffice and postgresql via jdbc . I
recently got round to playing with  the system.  One can  execute queries,
etc and even create tables. The trouble with the latter is that  only the
column labels are created;  it does not seem possible to insert data into the
tables  I tried via a jdbc connection over a network as well as on the OO on
the  postgresql server  itself with the same result.  One can create tables
and insert data therein in the 'local Bibliography' database supplied with
OpenOffice but not with the postgresql database.

Any helpful  suggestions  on how to to edit the pg_hba.conf or postgresql.conf
files would be appreciated.

sincerely
CTavares