Re: erserver

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: erserver
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 12:57:37PM -0300, Jeff MacDonald wrote:
> > Yes.  In fact, if you do a whois query against .info hostnames
> > (whois.afilias.net) you are actually seeing a replicated PostgreSQL
> > database most of the time.
>
> This would be a great way to advertise both PostgreSQL and PgSQL Inc
> wouldn't it ?

Yes, it would.  I'm working on it ;-)  If you check the archives,
though, you'll see several threads about companies being a little
skittish about talking about their use of PostgreSQL.  Many marketing
folks, who have frankly never heard of PostgreSQL and want to know
why we are not using the most expensive machine in the hospital (read
"Oracle"), are loathe to associate themselves with something that
isn't already well-known.  So our use of PostgreSQL is sort of an
open secret.

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110