Re: partial index on system indexes?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: partial index on system indexes?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> It seems bootstrap parser(bootparse.y) does not accept partial index
> definitions. Is there any reason for this?

In private email with Tatsuo, I learned it is for the new loadable
encoding patch, and he wants to use the index from the syscache.  The
reason for the partial index is because the index itself would not be
unique, but a partial index would be unique.

Because the index is part of the syscache, we have to create it as part
of initdb bootstrap, rather than in the initdb script.

Tatsuo mentioned there is a boolean, and he only wants cases where the
boolean is true, and such values are unique.

Pennsylvania19026