Re: Howmany connections postgres can handle upto?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Howmany connections postgres can handle upto?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 01:01:42PM -0700, Yuva Chandolu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are moving to postgres from Oarcle. When we were with Oracle, we were
> using a total of 160 connections(4 app servers each maintaining a pool of 40
> connections). After moving to postgres we want to make it higher i.e make it
> 60 connections for each app server i.e a total of 240 connections. How will
> postgres behave with this many no of connections?

It rather depends.  For instance, are you running on a 386 with 4
megs of memory?  I expect that it won't work.  If you are running on
an 8-way Sun box with 16 gig of memory, I can report that you can
have 1024 connections without undue pain.

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3                                        +1 416 646 3304
x110