Re: Problem between inheritance and references

От Stephane Bortzmeyer
Тема Re: Problem between inheritance and references
Дата
Re: Problem between inheritance and references  (Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 08:11:30AM -0700,
 Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com> wrote
 a message of 16 lines which said:

> The problem is that foreign keys, primary keys, unique constraints,
> and triggers (and maybe other stuff, but at least that) don't
> inherit,

:-( So basically, INHERITS just give you the columns of the parent
table?

> so the foreign key is referencing only the table mentioned.  The
> equivalent select is select * from ONLY Authentication I believe.

OK, I see the problem. Any suggestion on how to rephrase my schema
(besides dropping inheritance)?