Re: No command history in psql

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: No command history in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 02:53:10PM +0000, Carmen Wai wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am upgrading to postgresql version 7.2.1. I found that the psql has not
> included the readline library automatically and doesn't have any readline
> and history command function. So I configure the postgresql with option
> --with-includes=/usr/local/include and --with-libs=/usr/libs/ so that it
> should be able to search for the corresponding library and header files
> (libreadline.a, history.h, readline.h). But it still fails!!!! Does anyone
> get any idea??

What does your output from configure say?  I presume it doesn't
detect the relevant libs?

You don't say what sortof architecture you're working on, but if it
happens to be Solaris, there's a gotcha: you need 32-bit libraries to
compile with a 32-bit compiler, and 64-bit libraries to compile with
a 64-bit compiler.  I have run into this problem on occasion when I
gave the wrong path to --with-libs and friends.

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110