Re: Windows - why not?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Windows - why not?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 05:43:05PM +0300, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> > Note that in spite of the last sentence, there is active work being
> > done on a native Windows port, AFAIK.
>
> Who's doig that? Developers or other people?

I believe one of the core developers is working on it, among other
people.  Check out the archives for -hackers for all the discussion.

> I do never want to see a Windos port of PostgreSQL!

a.    Why?  What difference could it make to you?  No-one is
compelling you to use it.
b.    Welcome to the free software world -- people will work on
whatever they like.  (That isn't to say that a nasty bunch of
compromises should be made in PostgreSQL just to support Windows; but
I have every confidence in the sound programming sensibilities of the
core developers -- and they'd be the ones making such a decision.)

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110