Re: [GENERAL] id and ID in CREATE TABLE

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: [GENERAL] id and ID in CREATE TABLE
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 10:39:52AM +0300, stefan@extum.com wrote:

> I forgot about "" Sorry. So if I would use names quoted then my questions
> are obsolete. Except one:
>
> So actually the only strange part would be PostgreSQL is folding to lower
> cases a column name ...

[snip]

> Why is like this ? Why not letting them upper case if they are not quoted
> ?

I think it's because many people think that uppercase column names suck. And
I agree with them. If you follow the given advice (either always quote
column names or never) then not only will your program work, it's will be
completely portable.

So, if you'd used your CREATE TABLE statememnt below, you wouldn't have had
this problem.

> > CREATE TABLE ttt (
> >
> >     ID int2,
> >     name text );