Re: Looking for types: phone number, email addresses

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Looking for types: phone number, email addresses
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 10:11:43 -0500,
  Josh Jore <josh@greentechnologist.org> wrote:
> Remember to allow quotes and spaces as well. This is a valid address (no,
> not that I actually defined it as an alias):
>
> "Josh Jore"@greentechnologist.org

You may not want to store rfc 821 encodings of addresses.
Josh Jore@greentechnologist.org
is a valid email address. It just needs to be encoded when used in an
smtp transaction. Some MUAs don't have a way to inject messages with
unencoded email addresses. Others (such as qmail) do. Constraints on
unencoded addresses are going to be a lot simpler than those on rfc 821
encoded addresses.

Сообщение: Re: Multi-Versions and Vacuum
Сообщение: Re: Multi-Versions and Vacuum