Re: Looking for types: phone number, email addresses

От Stephane Bortzmeyer
Тема Re: Looking for types: phone number, email addresses
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 10:11:43AM -0500,
 Josh Jore <josh@greentechnologist.org> wrote
 a message of 28 lines which said:

> Remember to allow quotes and spaces as well. This is a valid address (no,
> not that I actually defined it as an alias):
>
> "Josh Jore"@greentechnologist.org

Yes, but to parse such addresses (not just to allow blindly spaces and
quotes in any order), regexps are not sufficient (hence my initial
request for a type, with a real parser).

Checking that an email address is actually RFC 2822 is far from a
trivial task...