Re: Looking for types: phone number, email addresses

От Stephane Bortzmeyer
Тема Re: Looking for types: phone number, email addresses
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 03:40:36PM +0100,
 Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> wrote
 a message of 23 lines which said:

> That would match "+0 ", which is probably not a valid number.

With integrity constraints, you have to know when you stop :-) Not
everything can be declared in SQL (I'm still searching for a way to
have a trigger fire at the end of a *transaction*, in order to check
cross-table integrity), so no check is perfect. I just wanted to catch
the majority of the mistakes that people can do when they type phone
numbers, not all of them.

Many thanks to all for the advices (and to Oliver for the Debian
package since this is the one I use).