Looking for types: phone number, email addresses

От Stephane Bortzmeyer
Тема Looking for types: phone number, email addresses
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Lazy programmer is looking for implementation of the following
datatypes:

* phone (or fax) numbers (with format checking) like +33 1 39 30 83 46
* email addresses (with format checking and ideally a test that the MX
  record does exist)

I've looked in the following places:

* contrib/ (isbn_issn is a very useful starting point, if I need to
  do it myself)

* techdocs.postgresql.org (the datatypes section of the cookbook is
  empty)

* FAQ There is "5.2) How can I contribute some nifty new types and
  functions to PostgreSQL?" but not the reverse :-)