Re: Too many clients to Postgresql server

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Too many clients to Postgresql server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 09:08:33AM -0400, Ericson Smith wrote:
> Your hosting provider needs to change their "postgresql.conf" and
> increase the number of connections there. My system is set to:
>
> max_connections = 512

That is not the only thing to change in the default config file!  The
default shared_buffers setting will make the system crawl under
anything above near-zero loads.  It'd probably be wise to make up a
list of changes one wants, and ship it in one request.

It strikes me that, since most people don't have root on their
virtual hosts, installing postgres without root is helpful.  Install
it instead in an account to which you have access.  There are some
major annoyances in doing this, but it makes your life a lot easier
than doing the BOHF's Own Root Dance every time you want to make a
config change.  (Alternatively, you can get them to install it, but
allow you sudo access to the postgres account.  That, of course,
assumes they are competent at writing sudoer files.)

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

Сообщение: Re: Looking for types: phone number, email addresses
Сообщение: Re: Looking for types: phone number, email addresses