Re: Fortran functions?

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Fortran functions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday 17 July 2002 09:03 pm, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> > My cross-language linking skills are lacking.

> Once you get into it you'll be OK. C wrappers are necessary to convert
> all "by value" results to "by reference" for Fortran, and you'll likely
> need to do that anyway to get past the user-defined-function calling
> parameter list.

> It's been years since I've glued Fortran to C, but it is definitely
> possible. And it should be smoother than back when I was doing it...

Well, after really digging into this code, I can see it is going to be yucky.
Very yucky.  Rewrite-city-grade yucky.  Subroutines get their params, some of
which pass back to the calling program -- and some of which are passed back
through COMMON's.  Yucky.

So I may go way-around-my elbow and use the Fortran-to-Python wrapper, and
then use the python PostgreSQL client.  And I'll just pull out the bare
minimum of this code -- which is a dozen or so functions out of 25,000 lines
or so of the core code.

Anyway, many thanks for the help and words of encouragement.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio