Re: Issues Outstanding for Point In Time Recovery (PITR)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Issues Outstanding for Point In Time Recovery (PITR)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Richard Tucker wrote:
> >
> > We also have implemented a roll forward recovery mechanism. We modified a
> > 7.2.1 version of Postgres.
> > The mechanism is designed to provide a means of recoverying from the loss or
> > corruption of media.  It provides for duplicating wal_files so that if a
> > wal_file is lost roll forward recovery can recover the database using the
> > duplicated wal_files.  Hooks were also added so that the roll forward
> > recovery mechanism can be used to implement a hot standby database.
> > Along with the roll forward recovery mechanism we have also implemented an
> > online database backup utility which is synchronized with the recovery log
> > so that the backup can be a starting point for a roll forward recovery
> > session.
>
> In researching who has done this work, I found that
> http://www.multera.com/ is Progress Software.  I assume this
> "Distributed but Connected" is partly based on PostgreSQL.

Oh, I see it now, PostgreSQL is right there:
   * OuterEdge     A distributed site technology suite that allows remote users to
maintain the integrity, not the congestion and price, of centralized
data. The OuterEdge includes the affordable UltraSQL^(TM) database
server powered by PostgreSQL, the third most popular database, and a
Secure Application/web server that supports the industry's most popular
Internet languages. Together with the Replication Engine software, the
OuterEdge gives remote users seamless access to important data without
relying on bandwidth.

Wonder why we are "the third most popular database".  I think that's
good?

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: Issues Outstanding for Point In Time Recovery (PITR)
Сообщение: Re: Issues Outstanding for Point In Time Recovery (PITR)