Command execution goes stuck...

От Rosario Peluso
Тема Command execution goes stuck...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    Hi all...

I'm experiencing a starnge problem using postgres 7.1.3 under RedHat
linux 6.2: I'm accessing to a database table using the C++ interface
(the libpq++) and sometimes happen that, when the machine is somehow
loaded, the methods PgDatabase::ExecuteCommand or
PgDatabase::ExecuteTuples go stuck inside an internal select() call...
   I've discovered this by debugging the running process of my
program, and the back trace of the process (unfortunately I haven't a
complete one now) says that the call is stuck inside a __select()
function deep enveloped inside the library... It is sufficient to
exit from the debugger to let the program start again without any
error...
   Someone knows about this strange behaviour ??? Is there something
I can do to avoid such stucks ??? There seems to be no way, for
example, to set a timeout on that select call, AFAIK: probably it is
not intended to be reached from the C++ APIs...

                                         Help me, I'm stuck

                                               Rosario

--
                          | Almeno tu che puoi fuggi via canto
\|/ ____ \|/   \ ||_|     | nomade questa cella e` piena della
"@'/ ,. \`@"    \|| |     | mia disperazione tu che puoi non
/_| \__/ |_\ Vax Headroom | farti prendere.
   \__U_/                 |                    BMS