Re: error codes

От nconway@klamath.dyndns.org (Neil Conway)
Тема Re: error codes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 03:57:56PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> nconway@klamath.dyndns.org (Neil Conway) writes:
> > Should every elog() have an error code?
>
> I believe we decided that it'd be okay to use one or two codes defined
> like "internal error", "corrupted data", etc for all the elogs that are
> not-supposed-to-happen conditions.

Ok, makes sense to me.

> > How should the backend code signal an error with an error number?
>
> Please read some of the archived discussions about this.  All the points
> you mention have been brought up before.

Woops -- I wasn't aware that this had been discussed before, my apologies.
I'm reading the archives now...

Peter: are you planning to implement this?

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: error codes
От: Richard Tucker
Сообщение: Re: Issues Outstanding for Point In Time Recovery (PITR)