Re: create function: number of parameters

От nconway@klamath.dyndns.org (Neil Conway)
Тема Re: create function: number of parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 12:23:16AM +0200, Ralph Graulich wrote:
> My problem is, that postgres tells me I can't use more
> than 16 parameters. For those basic "create" functions I need more than 40
> parameters. Is there any easy way to accomplish this or do you have any
> good hints for me?

You can edit FUNC_MAX_ARGS in src/include/pg_config.h, recompile and
re-initdb.

There has been some talk of raising the default setting, but no one
has yet stepped forward with any data on the performance implications
of doing that (or a way to reduce the performance hit, if there is one).

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>