Re: How many tables can be created in one datebase?

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: How many tables can be created in one datebase?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 11 Jul 2002 9:24 am, huang@tanpopo-tane.com wrote:
> How many tables can be created in one datebase?
> How many fields can be created in one table?
> thank you

See http://www3.uk.postgresql.org/users-lounge/limitations.html

Maximum size for a database = unlimited (60GB databases exist)
Maximum size for a table = 64 TB on all operating systems
Maximum size for a row = unlimited in 7.1 and later
Maximum size for a field = 1GB in 7.1 and later
Maximum number of rows in a table = unlimited
Maximum number of columns in a table = 1600
Maximum number of indexes on a table = unlimited

I am not aware of any limit on the number of tables, I should think practical
considerations regarding management would cause problems before you hit a
real limit.

- Richard Huxton