Re: Flag for insentive use of Postgres?

От Stephane Bortzmeyer
Тема Re: Flag for insentive use of Postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 10:24:15AM -0400,
 Andrew Sullivan <andrew@libertyrms.info> wrote
 a message of 28 lines which said:

> ILIKE.  (The rules are different in different locales, and I don't
> even know how ILIKE works for non-C locales.)

I've not been able to make it work. With all variables set to a French
locale (which works fine with all the programs), PostgreSQL, with
ILIKE or upper(), is still case-sensitive. (upper('stéphane') does not
match STEPHANE nor STÉPHANE.)

It does not bother me, since I'm convinced that the problem is far
too complicated to be solved by simple case-folding rules like those of
US-ASCII.