Re: Serious Crash last Friday

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Serious Crash last Friday
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 05:19:47PM +0200, Henrik Steffen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for the information...
>
> the badblocks read-only test did not report any problems,
> do you think i should run the "read-write" test, too?

Well, if you do it'll destoy the data, so although it's the only way
to be sure, I wouldn't unless absolutely pushed to do so.  A
read-write badblocks test on a big partition can take many hours.

> tonight I will have the memory checked by memtest86 ...

Yes, that seems a good idea.  Brand new hardware doesn't guarantee
anything, particularly when memory is so fast these days (I've had
DIMMs fail a couple of months after they were new).

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110