Re: RelationClearRelation: relation X deleted while still in use???

От Chris Albertson
Тема Re: RelationClearRelation: relation X deleted while still in use???
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Chris Albertson <chrisalbertson90278@yahoo.com> writes:
> > I do have a workaround but you may want to investigate as there
> > is likely an underlaying problem remaining.
>
> Perhaps, but without a reproducible test case there's dang little
> I can do.

It is a "C" program that triggers the error.  I have logic in my
code that detects this error.  I can do just about anything
at that point.  I can work on this but would need some hints.

Yes you are right, I could be running some other executable.
_I_ know there is no older one laying around but can't prove it
to you.
I should print the results of "select version() to my log file
as well as the hostname, databasename, and so on when any error
is detected.

> > As you can see the sign on message compiled into the executable
> > image says "7.2.1".  Is there is better way to check?
>
> This proves *zero* about what you are actually talking to.  What
> do you get from "select version()" in psql?
>
>             regards, tom lane

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278@yahoo.com