Bug #706: Wrong shlib flag for GCC compilation on Solaris

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Bug #706: Wrong shlib flag for GCC compilation on Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Richard Cook (rcook@insightful.com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
Wrong shlib flag for GCC compilation on Solaris

Long Description
In the file .../src/Makefile.shlib, line 178, the "-G" flag is set for compilation of shared libraries on Solaris.
Thisis okay if you are using the Sun toolset.  Unfortunately GCC needs the flag "-shared" instead.  The symptom that
revealsthis is that pgaccess won't work because libpgtcl.so contains the "main" symbol.  My workaround was to edit in
thenew flag.  Somebody on the team might want to modify the Makefile to account for use of the gcc toolset.  This
defectset me back three days.  Please don't let anyone else suffer through this.  It might be well to post it as a
knownproblem on Solaris.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report