Re: RelationClearRelation: relation X deleted while still in use???

От Chris Albertson
Тема Re: RelationClearRelation: relation X deleted while still in use???
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I did check the mail list archives and on google and you are right
the problem has not come up recently, until now it seems.  Yes
I am running 7.2.1.  (see below)

I'd be happy to try any tests you might want me too but as I said,
I can't make it happen with a simple stripped down test case.
I need the full 10K line
application and a well populated set of tables. Also it is
random, only happens now and then.  My application (storing
telemetry data formats for space lift bosters.) does on order
of 100,000 queries (mostly three way joins) per run and this
happens maybe once in 15 runs.

I think this is a real bug. I can run the same exact SELECT
query twice and it fails one and works on the second try.
I do have a workaround but you may want to investigate as there
is likely an underlaying problem remaining.

All my software is recent.  The disk drive in this Solaris PC
"smoked" last month and I re-built it with a bare unformatted
drive.  Also you can see how I checked the version below

  wi792:~>which postmaster
  /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster
  wi792:~>strings /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster | grep "(PostgreSQL)"
  postmaster (PostgreSQL) 7.2.1
  postgres (PostgreSQL) 7.2.1

As you can see the sign on message compiled into the executable
image says "7.2.1".  Is there is better way to check?

--- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Chris Albertson <chrisalbertson90278@yahoo.com> writes:
> > I seem to be getting some bogus "RelationClearRelation: relation
> > 2678605 deleted while still in use" errors.  Has anyone seen this
> > before?
>
> Lots of times on old releases.  Are you *sure* you are running 7.2.1?
>
>             regards, tom lane

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278@yahoo.com